Born from the Open DMX USB interface the RDM PRO version is the ultimate USB DMX adapter for all computer based lighting needs including RDM capability. The pro is the fastest interface available with frame rates of up to 850 frames per second and is supported by all common operating systems.
- Supports RDM ANSI(E.120) ESTA Fully
- Fully Compatible with RDM SnifferApplication ( using v3.xx Firmware)
- Fully Compatible with RDM Controller Application ( using v2.xx Firmware )
- Fully Compatible with RDM Responder Application ( using v2.xx Firmware )
- 1500 V full isolation (data & power lines to protect your computer from surges)
- 1 Input & 1 Output connector (there is only one DMX port though)
- RDM enabled
- Internal frame buffering
- Drivers for Windows, OSX and Linux
- Universe & user config EEPROM
- Refresh Rate configurable from 1 to 40Hz with a full 512 channel frame
- Break configurable from 96uS to 1.3mS
- MaB configurable from 10.6uS to 1.3mS
- Upgradeable firmware
What is RDM ?
RDM is the new standard that allows your lights, dimmers or any other compliant DMX512 device to talk back to the controller (your lighting desk for example). This allows the controller to get feedback information such as if the dimmer is overloaded, what the current draw is, what the mains voltage is, or what the moving light is currently doing. You can also "discover" all the light fixtures in your rig and set the DMX addresses remotely !
We have designed 2 FREE programs that will allow you to make your first steps with RDM. These programs both fully support the FULL RDM spec and rely on the very low cost DMX USB Pro for DMX communication.
These applications are built on the ENTTEC RDM Stack (contact us for licensing) and the DMX USB Pro with firmware V2.1 to communicate. Both programs (Controller & Responder) can be run on the same computer with 2 DMX USB Pros connected to each other with a DMX patch lead.